FELIX 3.0 POWER

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

fred

FELIX 3.0 POWER

Post by fred »

Hello folks,
I just finish to build and link all the devices of my felix 3.0, sofware installed and firmware upgraded but i m still at the step "connect". 4.4.1. Pressing on the reset button has no effect. Sensor led are of . only a led on the board is blinking . No fan are moving. Port is OK while when i change to an other Port I have a sofware error message. Note the power button is already on in the sofware manual control panel.
No power in the big yellow wire but 3V in the green wire and 6v in the purple wire. I ve got as well 3V in all the sensor signal plug. :? Is it normal there is no power in the big yellow wires? anybody have an idea?

fred

Post by fred »

So, so, so. Today I try to test one of the sensor and plug it(red and black) between ground and green wire (on board2.5V). then .... Fan started and motors runned but in a realy stange way (go and back 1cm) all together. I try to test the sensor and it seems to me there is no power between yellow and ground when i place a peace of plastic in the sensor?. I try as well to invert Yellow and red on the board. This make all the lights on board shining but doesn t make the machine running. ( I didnt see any light at any time on the sensor itself): My buisness is mechanics, electronic is for me misterious. Anyway I m still at the same point :( . Idea ?

fred

Post by fred »

I try today to test those sensor out of the board with a 2.5 V between red and black and look wath happend on the signal (Yellow/black) with or without peace of plastic in the slot of the sensor and..... NOTHING. I´ m waiting for any help now. I give it up.

scp

Post by scp »

Hi Fred,

please stop making random connections, especially with the sensors! You might break something beyond repair.

I don't have received my kit yet, but the power brick seems to be standard ATX (without unused wires):

First check the wiring from the power supply to the mainboard again. Make sure all connections are where they should be and that there is no short-circuit.

The purple wire is +5V standby with respect to ground (black). Take a measurement again.

If ok, to check the function of the power supply, remove the green wire from the main board and connect it directly to ground (black). Then the 12V must be present on the yellow wires vs. ground.

If you don't feel comfortable, get assistance with hands-on experience with the wiring.

Paul

fred

Post by fred »

Thanks Paul for your reply. I did test the wire purple, green and yellow as you explain and it function correctly. I have 5V in the purple and 12 in the yellow when green is on the gnd. When I plug the green on then ground, the machine start agan with a strage cycle. this morning I download through Repetier website the 0,91 firmware (step by step) and upload it with Arduino 1,0,5 r2. return message are not so good but what does it meen? Seems the connection doesn´t work ok.

Binary sketch size: 105,910 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

fred

Post by fred »

Hi again,
In regard to the post http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopi ... it=arduino,
It seems that I have the same problem.What should I do? send back the board?

scp

Post by scp »

fred wrote:this morning I download through Repetier website the 0,91 firmware (step by step)
Are you sure that the code you downloaded from repetier website is exactly for Felix3.0? There is a huge variety of controller boards the repetier firmware can be configured for; all are different. Why didn't you try the code provided by Guilleaume in the first place? It should work.

The timeouts "only" mean that the arduino software couldn't reach the bootloader on the board; I don't know if there is a schematic of the Felix board, but you might want to press and release the reset button on the felix board to try to activate the boot loader.

Paul

fred

Post by fred »

Hi,
Where can I find the code provided by Guillaume (20140107) ?

fred

Post by fred »

Of course, on the download felix page... That was the first Firmware I try to upload!. I did it once few minutes ago but still the same :(

CSP

Post by CSP »

Make sure you have the propper Board selectet in the Arduino IDE. For the Felix 3.0 this should be Arduino Mega(ATmega2560 or MEGA ADK).
Also try to upload the single head firmware and see if this works. If not it might be a driver Problem on the USB port.
If possible try to upload from a different computer.