Printbed is fairly level, but slightly inclined :-/

andrewsi

Printbed is fairly level, but slightly inclined :-/

Post by andrewsi »

With a 3.0 DIY kit I am able to produce pretty good prints, and the bed is reasonably "level" from the point of view of uniform height from the printhead, however as viewed from the side, measured from the table the printer is sitting on, the bed is about half a cm higher at the back of the printer with the bed pushed in towards max y, than it is measured from the front of the printer with the bed pushed towards min y. In other words, it slopes down slightly towards the user. While printing reasonably small y-depth objects it hasn't been a big deal and I don't notice a particular problem, I tend to think that larger objects might develop some slant.

About the only I can think of to fix this would be to put some thin shims between the front side y-slide bolts and the carrier so as to make it square, but I'm wondering if anyone else who has the 3.0 injection-molded parts sees a similar issue.

CSP

Post by CSP »

Are you sure you mountet your z-axis linear bearing correctly? As far as I can follow your description to me it sound like its somewhat tilted with respect to a vertical line. Or maybe the whole frame is a little bit scew.

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

You know, since the Z-rail is screwed to the aluminum channel t-nuts in 3 places, I didn't really think it could be significantly skewed, but I measured it with a caliper and it is definitely very slightly inclined in such a way that it could be contributing a bit. I'll try to adjust it and see how much of a difference that makes. Thanks for making me check. :-)

seaton

Post by seaton »

This was the same for me with my version 2.0, for my v2 I put a washer under one edge of the cross beam, I've just upgraded to v3 since my machine melted in the sun and problem was still there when I replaced the hotbed for the new one, what I've done this time around is to slightly loosen the fastener holding the crossbeam and it corrected the problem for me, yet still rigid.

Mine was higher on the left side than the right side and no matter how I levelled the bed it wouldn't work. now things are working great for me now.

The other option would be to shim either the top or bottom of the Z-Axis mount to the bearing
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

After loosening and retightening the z rail, that portion of the skew is eliminated and the bed tilt is down to maybe 1.5 millimeters end to end over a baseline of about 200mm, which is an improvement and makes me happier enough to quit futzing with it. :)