Hotend jams - not blocked

Hugues

Re: Hotend jams - not blocked

Post by Hugues »

well, after adjusting my flowrate to 120%, the problem re-appeared, i then tried to lower it , until i actually could print at only 50% speed, or else the filament would start slipping on the motor.

I thought that after 9 months, my extruder was "tired" , so I ordered the new V4 extruder, all assembled.

Installed it today, and to my grand frustration, my problem is still there. The filament slips on the motor wheel. I can push the filament manually without any problem, so the extruder is fine, it's brand new.

I tried to thighten up and tighten down the screw making pressure on the filament, it does not help.

Could it be the teeth on the motor wheel are worn out ? Visually they look fine.

Puzzled !
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

How about raising the hot end temperature? It seems very unlikely that the teeth are in any way worn out if they've been used normally. If it's slipping with a wide range of different tensions on the filament, then perhaps the particular filament isn't liquefied quite enough at your current temp. I have three different colored rolls of PLA from the same manufacturer, where blue and white print great at 185, but the black needs to be at 195 or I start to have problems.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

I'm at 210 and can extrude filament easily by hand.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

seaton

Post by seaton »

Have you tried increasing the extruder motor current by adjusting the pot on the controller board? try trekking it up slightly and see if the problem persists.
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

seaton wrote:Have you tried increasing the extruder motor current by adjusting the pot on the controller board? try trekking it up slightly and see if the problem persists.
i thought that was the magic bullet , but unfortunately not. I cranked up the pot even to maximum, absolutely no difference.

The filament is still slipping on the wheel. It's actually biting in the filament, i can see some powdered plastic on the wheel after a while.

I tried to increase the temp to 220, no change.

With a brand new extruder, unclogged as far as i can see.

I've printed kilometers of filament with this printer, and now, nothing.

One strange thing is that when i push the filament manually, it extrudes but the filament is always curling upwards when exiting the tip of the extruder. I tried to insert a small copper wire to clean any possible blockage, i cannot find anything, again, the extruder is brand new.

What can possibly go wrong here ?!?!?

I really need to print a part next week-end, this is so freaking frustrating !
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

I have a hundred times described the problem.

Here is a schematic drawing of the extruder.

А решение проблемы тут. посмотрите и найдите разницу. http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=729

Guys, I have long forgotten what is congestion, simply type. Drew - slicer - print. Always 100% result. In this topic describes how to do like Teflon sleeves. We drill Peek and insert the ring Teflon. To hot Peek plastic sticks. Heat up to the working temperature and lay plastic to Peek and see what I write here.

chupacabra

Post by chupacabra »

hi, I had the same problem, just drag a rod 2 mm during the winding and tightening to align parts. attention to the fragile thread PEEK

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Чупакабра wrote:Привет, у меня была такая же проблема, просто перетащите стержень 2 мм в течение обмотки и ужесточения, чтобы выровнять детали. внимание хрупкую нить PEEK

the problem is not solved completely, from time to time will be repeated...

Especially when refuting the thread more than 2 mm And yet when will change the rate of printing. When short-term improvement of the print speed after a long print speed low. Plastic expands inside Peek, and will be expanded because next hot metal. Therefore, it sticks to the walls of Peek, cools down 20-30 degrees and gets stuck. After that, the axle of the extruder eats into the thread of plastic and rotates in vain. All of these processes takes a few seconds. Believe it or not....

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

OK Saamec, you got me convinced, I ordered my Teflon rod and will do the mod over the weekend ;)
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

))The main thing to PEEK was through the nut. The role of the cutoff of heat may be Teflon. To him, nothing sticks... it Works and when printing ABS, but the cooling should be good.

I am sure that you will not do this for nothing, you got it and you will enjoy seal)))