Hotend jams - not blocked

Hugues

Re: Hotend пробки - не заблокирован

Post by Hugues »

Saamec wrote:Just cylinder PTFE, wedged inside, must fulfill the same function, it should work. The only problem is the alignment of the holes. You can fix making chamfer. I have no such problem, because everything is made with high-precision equipment.
Maybe. I need to think about it.

Would you be interested to sell these 2 parts on this picture ?
http://imglink.ru/show-image.php?id=304 ... 7ba1b515c2

But don't feel oblige please. Only if it's interesting for you. And if not, i completely understand.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Now I'm doing Bowden extruder just for these parts. Available now only 1 piece, but very soon, maybe next week, should be ready new batch of extruders. Let's deal with you." You write me your address, country, postal code, street, house... I'll see what the carrier delivers to you and how much it will be worth it. I just never sent parcels abroad. OK?))))))))...

there is another thing... the thread is not standard, it made for a tighter clip. Therefore, you will need a new PEEK, a new pin head and nozzle... it turns out entirely anyway...

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Saamec wrote:Now I'm doing Bowden extruder just for these parts. Available now only 1 piece, but very soon, maybe next week, should be ready new batch of extruders. Let's deal with you." You write me your address, country, postal code, street, house... I'll see what the carrier delivers to you and how much it will be worth it. I just never sent parcels abroad. OK?))))))))...

there is another thing... the thread is not standard, it made for a tighter clip. Therefore, you will need a new PEEK, a new pin head and nozzle... it turns out entirely anyway...
I see.

So it's the entire print head then. I just bought a whole new print head from Felix so...
I need some more time. My extruder is working at the moment with the teflon disk, i will wait and see if i get in trouble again. If so, i will contact you.

But thanks for the offer. Much appreciated.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Thank you. You're probably the only one who appreciated my work. All successful printers have similar structure, as it turned out. I didn't see her then, just experimented and thought for a long time. In summary: I totally forgot about jams. Just typing. And a nozzle made of titanium is not afraid to attack, it can be easily cleaned without damage nozzle dia. Sleeve of fluoropolymer allows you to print without milesaway. In the same way I do right now multicolor nozzle, allowing to receive color gradations. Thanks to this printer has a large field for experiments and ideas)

Zennix

Post by Zennix »

Thanks saamec, your solution works for me.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

thank you

stillcool40

Post by stillcool40 »

I fought with the same problem and eventually found cause. I bored out the cold end and peek to take a 4mm OD teflon tube (bowden style) which goes right to the hot end.

seems to be a fix so far

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

stillcool40 wrote:I fought with the same problem and eventually found cause. I bored out the cold end and peek to take a 4mm OD teflon tube (bowden style) which goes right to the hot end.

seems to be a fix so far
Drawing ?
Because how do you keep the Teflon tube from going out ? And to keep pressure between Teflon and hot end so no plastic seeps in ?
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Hugues wrote:Because how do you keep the Teflon tube from going out ? And to keep pressure between Teflon and hot end so no plastic seeps in ?
I guess you would drill into the cold end from below but not all the way through. I wonder how deep the drill hole would actually need to be in order to be sure that no molten filament will ever reach the upper end of the Teflon tube. A short drill hole would make it easier to get the widened bore accurately centered in the given aluminum bore.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

stillcool40

Post by stillcool40 »

no such refinements, I bored out the assembled cold end and peek to 4mm, put in the teflon tube with 1mm excess at peek end, tightened on the hot end then trimmed the excess at top to be about 2mm.

if the tube tries to ride up I think it hit the stepper wheel and thats it.

Has now printed two 5 hour jobs faultlessly.

also its an idea to turn of the retract, deal with the odd strings with a knife