Hotend jams - not blocked

Zennix

Re: Hotend jams - not blocked

Post by Zennix »

OK, If somebody wants to buy my teflon tube please send me a PM.
The price is about 15,-€ and it will take some time, because my material is empty.

Greetings / Zennix

neilv

Post by neilv »

I've bought the Teflon tube from Zennix and it works perfectly !! this should be standard!! :D :D

Eli-Audio

Post by Eli-Audio »

of course I had to open up a new topic on this issue before finding this thread!! But I might have got this problem, although... I'm printing woodfill with a brand new Felix V3.0 V4 hot-end and managed to get the hot end barrel pushed out of the peek isolator...

I've replaced the hot-end with my upgrade to dual hot-ends because I did not install this one yet. So guess I'll have to look into this Teflon tube solution...

Eli-Audio

Post by Eli-Audio »

Last night the new hot-end jammed too... I've only been printing ABS with this hot-end, and I woke up this morning with the program finished but half of the print not there!

When I manually pushed the fillament through the extruder, it got through, but very slow and thin, so another Peek problem here? I'm installing a third hot-end (got one to replace the first one from the distributor) If this on fails too I'm converting to E3D extruders!!

viljmak

Post by viljmak »

I have used PTFE inserts for few months now and with that Felix extruders works well. Used it for printing ABS, PVA and PA, few hundreds hours totally . Not any jams after I installed PTFE parts. In my opinion PTFE insert is a must, without that it's not possible work efficiently with Felix extruder. When I start printing it is enough to get temps up, press start and it goes.
Also I recommend those as a standard on Felix printers.

Eli-Audio

Post by Eli-Audio »

viljmak wrote:I have used PTFE inserts for few months now and with that Felix extruders works well. Used it for printing ABS, PVA and PA, few hundreds hours totally . Not any jams after I installed PTFE parts. In my opinion PTFE insert is a must, without that it's not possible work efficiently with Felix extruder. When I start printing it is enough to get temps up, press start and it goes.
Also I recommend those as a standard on Felix printers.
I'm willing to try this solution you've posted in this thread before, just machining that PTFE insert will be a problem. You willing to make some for me?