Latest version of Repetier Host (0.95F)

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Capella_Ben

Latest version of Repetier Host (0.95F)

Post by Capella_Ben »

I am still running the felix variant of repetier host version 0.90. I saw that version 0.95F is now out. Is there any issue with using this version? I guess you just have to make sure that the printer config is copied over to the new version.
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

It is better not to update, I advise you not to do.

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

Saamec wrote:It is better not to update, I advise you not to do.
Why?
Ben

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

If you look at what they do in a customisation
http://www.repetier.com/custom-repetier-host-version/

there is nothing too earth shattering. I didn't think there was a custom driver and you should be able to transpose the printer settings.
Ben

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

I've been using the updated version and have found absolutely no problems whatsoever. If anything, there are bug fixes.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Capella_Ben wrote:If you look at what they do in a customisation
http://www.repetier.com/custom-repetier-host-version/

there is nothing too earth shattering. I didn't think there was a custom driver and you should be able to transpose the printer settings.
I'm used to the old program, you already know where to configure, change. The process of configuring the print takes seconds. In the new all remodeled, almost the entire interface. Sit where to look for hidden there is no desire. That's why we had to redo it? The link is gone. This is true for all printer manufacturers in the form of advertising. In addition, nothing substantial in terms of improved processes slicing, was not done. So the meaning update still do not see. As they say an Old friend is better than two new ones.

temo

Post by temo »

Hello

Have anyone tried to run the 095 version alongside the 090 version from Felisprinters?
I see that they get separate listings in the registry.

Here is what Repetier answer when I ask them, not much help:
Hello,

we have received your request. Please note that we process your request only after we have received your donation of 9,99 €. If you have already donated, we will contact you as soon as possible. If you have not yet donated, please use the following link:

9,99 € Support-Donation

Please understand that we can not respond to all requests for free. In this way we do not receive requests that are already answered on our support pages and we get only requests from people who appreciate our work. Many answers can be found in our forum and on our troubleshooting pages for our Repetier-Host and for our Repetier-Firmware.

Best regards from your Repetier Support Team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terje

temo

Post by temo »

Hello
So none has experience with this matter?
What really is the special feature with the Felix version?

Terje

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

I use the 95F version and it works perfectly fine. The only "special" thing about the Felix version is just that there are some Felix-specific SFACT profiles included that are accessible from within the Repetier shell without having to open up the god-awful SFACT menus. But those can easily be moved from one to the other, and I no longer use SFACT at all: Simplify3D (although it costs $$) has become my go-to slicer, with KISSlicer as a backup for some cases, and Slic3r even more rarely. But the Repetier host software is still very good. There's no reason at all not to use the 95F version unless you don't like the recent UI changes or feature adds for some reason.

temo

Post by temo »

Thanks, I will look into the latest version then!

Terje