Felix 3.0 Replacement Parts

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

psachs

Felix 3.0 Replacement Parts

Post by psachs »

Is there any plan on putting all of the models for the Felix 3.0 plastic parts up?

Thanks

seaton

Post by seaton »

I highly doubt it, Felix seems not to be forthcoming when it comes to this and now they have moved to injunction moulded parts I doubt if they can be printed. I am highly dissapointed that I can't print my parts as it was advertised as such.
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

seaton wrote: I am highly dissapointed that I can't print my parts as it was advertised as such.
+1

Maybe someone whit good modelling skills can model the 3.0 extruder desing and share the stl ;)
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

I think they should remove this kind of info from the shop.

Download and print upgrades for Free: As much as possible and sensible parts are printed parts. This makes it possible to have very quick update cycles and maintain topnotch print performance. All printable upgrades can be downloaded and printed by the user. The files are already prepared so you can just download and print them.
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

undergroundsurf

Post by undergroundsurf »

I’m disappointed too... I thought that there'll be the 3D-Files available.. Sure, injection molded parts need a totally different design than printed ones due to the manufacturing progress. I’m still waiting for an upgrade kit but there is not even a release date. The opportunity to upgrade the printer was the selling point for the felix. I also thought about designing the parts by myself. It shouldn’t be a big deal to design them similar to the molded parts but it is a lot work if you can't take measure on the new parts. I'm able to design these parts with NX but I haven't got the time to design them all during my study.

psachs

Post by psachs »

perhaps with a little encouragement they will make good on their advertisements? It is in fact illegal to advertise something falsely, no?

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Upgrade kits are now available. From 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0. I know that does not solve the expectation of being able to print the parts ourselves but I believe it will be better with injection molded parts than printed for several of the key parts of the printer.

http://shop.felixprinters.com/product-c ... rades.html

JTa

Post by JTa »

I wish there were upgrade packs also for us who have already upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0. And more choices WHAT to upgrade. For example I did not upgrade to the new electronics and still don't need to. I also only want to get SOME of the injection molded parts NOT all of them..and possibly that new bed.

I was going to upgrade, but I have to reconsider as long as I'm forced to pay for something that I do not need. Modular design but impossible to upgrade single modules.. :-p