Noob user questions

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Sven

Noob user questions

Post by Sven »

Hello,

For our work we are looking into buying a 3D printer and i came across the Felix 3.0. After checking the manual most of my questions got answered but i still have a few and i am hoping i can get some answers to those also.

1. What things do i need to do with the printer when a print is finished? More precisly do i need to remove the fillament etc?
2. Because we want to print at a high quality the chances are that the printing is finished long after noone is around anymore. Does the printer have some sort of sleep mode where it shuts itself down after a print? Also does the extruder and heat bed cool itself when not being used?
3. Can i print different types of fillament besides ABS and PLA? I have seen Flex-PolyEster, Nylon, PET, Sandstone and Wood even. If i print these do i need a special print head or do i just need to adjust the settings?
4. Can i print the upgrades for the Felix 3 like it is possible for the Felix 2 also?

Thank you for the answers.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi Sven,

let me try to answer some of them, i've got the Felix 2.0 for almost a year now

1. and 2.
You don't have to do anything specific, you can leave the filament in the print head, the heater in the print head and the flat bed will shut themselves off automatically, that's where most of the consumption is.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Sven

Post by Sven »

Thank you for those 2 answers already.

just to add some more questions.

5. I see alot of ppl get a glass frame to put on the heated bed. Is this pure for the sticking of the PLA/ABS or does it serve other reasons also?

Best regards.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Sven wrote:Thank you for those 2 answers already.

just to add some more questions.

5. I see alot of ppl get a glass frame to put on the heated bed. Is this pure for the sticking of the PLA/ABS or does it serve other reasons also?

Best regards.
it's more for bed leveling that sticking issues, at least for me. You also get rid of the lines created by the kapton tape joints. But ABS does not stick better to glass though. I gave up on ABS.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland