Can't Print a bridge

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

tekadept

Can't Print a bridge

Post by tekadept »

Hi hope somebody can help me out, I am doing a bridging test link is
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:210675/#files

I was having no luck printing bridges, but I discovered that my fans weren't working so I remedied tha tproblem.

After that though I am still not having any luck with bridges I am slicing using kissslicer and i think the problem is the way it has sliced it.see the below image,
The 2 lines that go straight across the bridge, look pretty decent, but as soon as it comes to do the diagonals it all goes pear shaped, catching on existing filmanent and turning into goop.Is there a setting in KISS where I can force it to do all them straigth across first, then do the diagonals? as I think that is the problem.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Actually, there is such a thing as support. Such bridges ideally not be printed without any support.

tekadept

Post by tekadept »

I do know about supports etc, but I am still in the experimentation phase learning etc.I have seen youtube videos and websites of people managing to perform a bridge up to 100mm fine and I am struggling to get this bridge of 25mm to work at all. surely I am doing something wrong to not even come close to what other people are achieving

Makron

Post by Makron »

This is KS making the problems it sucks at bridging.

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

Good that you are experimenting. This will not happen just like that and in the future will help to solve any tasks. I understand that you want. Success to you))

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Makron wrote:This is KS making the problems it sucks at bridging.
I second that. KISSlicer simply does not seem to care about bridges at all, so it will print a bridge as if it was a regular filled layer.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

Makron

Post by Makron »

I will test this file in Simplify when im home ,see what it does.

tekadept

Post by tekadept »

The problem is definitely KIssslicer, I tried doing it in SFACT and it did exactly what i would expect, lines across the bridge first then diagonals and it turned out a LOT neater and nicer. Its a shame as KISS slicer is so much quicker.

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

There are plenty of other more recent (i.e. faster than SFACT) slicer choices out there now that you should experiment with as well, which may not suck at bridging, namely Cura, and Slic3r, and for a bunch of money, Simplify3D. KISSlicer development has evidently been abandoned, there is some rumor going on in the Google "kisslicer refugees" group that the author's been hired by one of the big guns in 3D printing.

I'm actually quite with the results Simplify3D now, although it definitely took a while to dial in the settings to get happy with it, it's missing a few user options you see in some of the others, and adds a few that they don't have. They'd do a lot more business if they'd put out a demo version so people could try it out, it's a pretty nice app overall.

lerbon123

Post by lerbon123 »

I have seen youtube videos and websites of people managing to perform a bridge up to 100mm fine and I am struggling to get this bridge of 25mm to work at all.