It seems my extruder motor or electronics died!

Discussions about the electronics
frankjoke

It seems my extruder motor or electronics died!

Post by frankjoke »

2014-03-21 17.52.17.zip
My extruder motor does not more than that I zipped an MP4 Video....
(18.88 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
He started to make sometimes tok, tok, noise and then stopped extruding within the print.

Wheel does not turn forward nor back, just very fast forward and back one step it seems.

Is this a fault of Motor or the electronic?

I boughjt 3 month ago a finished FELIX3.0DUAL and this should be in warranty I believe!

p.s.: Printing 18 days so far... I use it now with other head only (luckily can configure KISSLICER easily for that).

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

This is troubleshooting, so look there: http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=858
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

frankjoke

Post by frankjoke »

Oh, this does not sound good!
I did not do wiring but if I look now @printer when printing I see that the wire of the left extruder is really moving most because it's where all wires are coming in.

How can I test? The wires go into motor so tight that I cannot even see them (they are covered by some black strings).

Will call dealer 2morrow (if he is working :()

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

frankjoke wrote:How can I test? The wires go into motor so tight that I cannot even see them (they are covered by some black strings).
While running the extruder, wiggle, pull and push the wires where you suspect them to be broken. If the behavior changes, you know. It could also be that a wire became loose where it is connected to the electronics board. If all that doesn't reveal what's wrong, you might want to connect the motor temporarily to one of the other motor drivers. But my bet, it is a broken wire at the motor. If you know how to solder, you can fix it yourself. But you have to disassemble the motor - just unscrew and remove the back cover of the motor, and then cut off the wires inside the motor while leaving enough wire where you can solder the new wires on to. That's at least how I did it when it happened to me.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

frankjoke

Post by frankjoke »

Thanks for the tip, Dreide!

Will not have time until next weekend to test. Will need to check also if this will void my warranty ...

Currently printing on right head what I need to finish before I leave for business trip.

frankjoke

Post by frankjoke »

Ok, Iafter some absence I could test my motor and it is a broken cable.

So can I unsrew the 4 screws on the motor to resolder some other cables or do I have to use new motor with new cables?

I would not do the 2nd because I bought a built onme and expect not to have this problem after 3 month.

I tested and the motor is working only in a single smal area so the cable need to be replaced definitely because using hot glue would maybe not halp for a long time and then I may need to exchange even more.

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

frankjoke wrote:So can I unsrew the 4 screws on the motor to resolder some other cables or do I have to use new motor with new cables?
Yes. Of course, you have to open the motor only if the cable is broken so close to the motor that you won't have enough good cable left to connect/solder the new cable on outside. In my case the cable was broken right where it goes into the motor, so there was no way to cut and solder it right there. Therefore, I had to make the cut inside the motor. I only removed the back cover of the motor while it was still mounted on the extruder carrier (Felix 2.0). Inside the motor, the cables lead somewhere to the front part of the motor, but as I did not completely disassemble the motor, I just cut the cables inside as short as possible but still allowing me to solder on the new cables.

wwowgold

Post by wwowgold »

Welcome to have more fun game waiting for you http://www.fifa14cup.com