Taulman Nylons

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Capella_Ben

Taulman Nylons

Post by Capella_Ben »

Hi all,

I just received some of the new Taulman Bridge filament and have had a bit of a play with it. Everyone else seems to be able to print with it fine and are even to print at the same speed they print ABS and PLA. However I can't seem to get it to extrude properly.

It feels like it is going through the cold end OK with not too much friction. But the extruder doesn't seem to be able to push it through the hot end too well. The nozzle is not blocked as I can print ABS, PLA and Arnitel just fine. Seems like there is higher than normal force required at the hot end and the extruder is unable to push it through. I am printing at 245 degrees on the latest version hot end.

Has anyone else printed with "Bridge" and can share their experiences?
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)

J44

Post by J44 »

I have had a similar issue with the bridge nylon. Adjusting the tension pushing the nylon on to the feed motor and increasing flow rate has helped but not completely solved the problem.

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

Even though it is not suppose to absorb as much moisture, I found that you still have to thoroughly dry it out (about the same as 618). So the only advantage to bridge is that it will actually stick to something.
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)