Show us your printer

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Show us your printer

Post by gfeliksdal »

Please send in one or more pictures of your printer. Next to the fact that it is nice to see other felixprinters, it also enables you to get (constructive) feedback on your assembly job.

black1q

Post by black1q »

2012_05080002.jpg
Sorry for the caos in the background and please no "constructive feedback" about that :D

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi black1q,

Your printer is looking great in black. It's hard to see any details, but the only thing I notice is the cable for the opto-sensor of the z-axis. Why did you guide it around the big z-axis carrier part?

The background looks great btw, the way a lab should look like :)...

black1q

Post by black1q »

Yea, choosing the right length for the cables and guiding them was my biggest problem :D , the rest was a piece of cake, but it works and the prints are better than I expected so I won´t change anything.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

My almost complete Felix 1.0D
My almost complete Felix 1.0D
It started life as a B revision and has lived through both C and D revisions. It has been a long build due to "real life" priorities coming in the way of the build :)

It has also attained some battle scars:
Battle scar 1
Battle scar 1
Battle scar 2
Battle scar 2
Notice the black Sharpie'd opto sensor trigger in the photo above. Done on all three axis. No need to wrap it with alu foil.

Proudly displaying it's new feature:
New x-axis mount for improved x-axis span
New x-axis mount for improved x-axis span

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Kjetilei,

Thanks for uploading pics of your printer and of course the updated x-axis mount. Don't have too much feedback, because it looks like it should except for the cables. I'll upload new gcode files, so you can print beefed up y-axis parts to replace the broken parts if needed. What kind of tape are you using on the heated bed?

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

gfeliksdal wrote:Hi Kjetilei,

Thanks for uploading pics of your printer and of course the updated x-axis mount. Don't have too much feedback, because it looks like it should except for the cables. I'll upload new gcode files, so you can print beefed up y-axis parts to replace the broken parts if needed. What kind of tape are you using on the heated bed?
The tape is a 5cm wide paper tape from tesa. I don't know the product ID and can't remember where I bought it... I could not get the parts to fix to the Kapton tape and tried this with great results.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Strange that the kapton tape didn't work...did you degrease the surface (I use spirit)? And heated the bed to 65 degC? When I do that it sticks perfectly. Finger grease or any type of grease will most probably ruin your print. It looks like you are using painters tape. This works well also, but sometimes too well. I experienced sometime that it was impossible to remove the part from the tape. I had to remove the part including the tape in order for me to not destroy the printer. I think that with the painters tape you have less problems with grease, because the filament will flow a little into the tape, creating a strong bond.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

It could be related to bad degreasing of the Kapton tape. I was eager to print :)

danielkschneider

Post by danielkschneider »

Nothing to brag about its assembly since I got it assembled and calibrated as a special favor ;) I already suggested to Guillaume that shipping a fully assembled model at double price could work with others.

Anyhow, just to say that this is the first printer with which I managed to print three good first prints. This is very promising ! I'll learn about its cons later :twisted:

http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Blog:DKS ... er_arrived

http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Felix_3D_printer

Sometimes in 2-3 weeks I will have time to play with slicer settings and I'll post if I come with any interesting information.