Show us your printer

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Mayhem

Re: Show us your printer

Post by Mayhem »

My felix 2.0 ;)

Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

stefanomoris

Post by stefanomoris »

Here is my Felix 2.0 and some first parts.

wow wow wow is all I have to say. I've designed and built my own cnc machine before and just wanted to say how impressed I was with how well everything was thought out. Congratulations to Guillaume and all of you out here that have contributed to the community and product.

Everything went together very smoothly. I had to add a shim under the top extrusion to maintain alignment of the frame, but other than that it went exactly as the manual described. I've just played with the default SFACT settings thus far. I've got about 60 hours of printing on the machine thus far and now its time to do some hot end maintenance, as I'm getting reduced output every now and then (you can see it on the dog character below). I will be using my Felix 2.0 for work (product design) mostly.

Thanks Satoer for your tweezer bracket.
The dog character "Puddin" is a creation from a friend of mine: http://puddindont.com

To anyone lurking out there, like I was, trying to decide on what 3d printer to get, I highly recommend it. I had a big grin on my face during the whole build! :) -stef

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

hi !

i like your spool holder system, really

care to share the stl files ?

thanks
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

futuretab

Post by futuretab »

Here is my 2.0 setup - during the last stages of assembly and in its current working position.
I can push it so the back half is under the rear shelf even when its working so it takes up very little desk space - more room for my junk :lol:

I upgraded to the new extruder - not that you can see it easily that in the photos.
I added the LED light bar which looks cool when I turn it on.
I added one of the spool holder designs - very high - maybe too high - haha
Then I removed the handle to allow more spools to be placed on top.
I made a larger, fully enclosed (O shape) top spool holder fitting as the first design (U shape) kept breaking with the blue filament I was using (* see notes).
The new spools had a 2" inner diameter - The red filament spool in the photo has a simple 1" to 2" adapter design just to center it and make it roll smoothly.
I haven't "finished" the assembly or trimmed to length any of the wiring as I had better things to do - and now its working I don't want to touch it ;)

* The blue filament was a pain to make work reliably and the resulting prints were very brittle - could have been something I was doing wrong as I am a 3D printing newbie.
It was a good learning experience in any case as I was able to try many variation in bed temps, extruder temps, idler pressures, flow rates, slicer settings, etc, etc.
If it had of worked out of the box I would never have learnt anything :shock:
Anyways I bought some filament locally here in Australia and have no issues since - no flow issues, prints are reliable, and more importantly very strong.

Final assembly in progress
Final assembly in progress
Working position
Working position

stefanomoris

Post by stefanomoris »

Hugues wrote:hi !

i like your spool holder system, really

care to share the stl files ?

thanks
Thanks, no problem. I refined the design a bit since that was the third thing I printed and it came out much stronger than I expected. So this uses less plastic, less printing time etc.... just as strong as before. I printed the bracket and finger nut tightener "Production, dense, no support" and the two spindles with Draft quality. The hardware is about 22cm of 6mm threaded rod, two nuts, two washers, and a wingnut. -stef

http://www.stefanomoris.com/forumposts/ ... Holder.zip

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

thanks a lot for sharing your files,
i'll print it today, very timely.

thanks again.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

t800

Post by t800 »

Just completed my 2.0
And 3the test print.
1ste on bare aluminium did not work.
2nde the extruder was still to hight from the bed.
3the was a charm.

p.s. the cup is for decoration and store bought .... :lol:
Attachments
print.jpg
eind.jpg

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

stefanomoris wrote:...
Thanks, no problem. I refined the design a bit since that was the third thing I printed and it came out much stronger than I expected. So this uses less plastic, less printing time etc.... just as strong as before. ....
Thanks Stefano for the idea and the files, i printed and assembled mine, working great.

Just one question
the spool holder, pyramid shape, are they supposed to be exactly round ? because mine came out like an oval , a little bit, not perfectly round.

If you designed them round, then i have a problem somwhere... :?
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

stefanomoris

Post by stefanomoris »

Mine came out round. I used a different program to' build and export that pièce so perhaps something within The stl export? Not sure. If others have The same issue i'll rebuild that pièce in Solidworks. -stef

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

stefanomoris wrote:Mine came out round. I used a different program to' build and export that pièce so perhaps something within The stl export? Not sure. If others have The same issue i'll rebuild that pièce in Solidworks. -stef
mmm...

last time i measured a part it was ok, but it was a small one.

i'm printing some stuff this afternoon and i will measure it to see...

thanks
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland