Felixprinter 1.5: Pictures, Problems, Solutions and upgrades

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

processware

Re: Felixprinter 1.5: Pictures, Problems, Solutions and upgr

Post by processware »

satoer wrote:Are these sheets self-adhesive?
in answer on your question no they are not. A fuser unit of a laser printer is around 180 degrees so self-adhesive would give a big mess i think.

processware

Post by processware »

Kjetilei wrote:processware: Welcome to the forums :) How do you secure the transparency film to the hot bed?

I believe 20cm wide Kapton tape applied with soap water and using a Vinyl film applicator/plastic scraper would be a good solution.

I used soap water on my 5cm wide Kapton tape when I assembled my Felix and only ended up with some minor bubbles due to having to realign the tape several times (should not be a problem with 20cm wide tape) and no scraper available to force out the air bubbles.

Vinyl film applicators/plastic scrapers are available cheaply on Ebay or you could use a credit card or similar.

Crazy idea department for Kapton alternatives:
- Matte iPad screen protector
- Matte vinyl film used for cars
thanks kjetilei i secure the edges with kapton tape did not found another solution yet.

processware

Post by processware »

in addition of my first post i quit using the sheets, they work ok but i have to change them after each print, because they cant resist the heat that well afterall.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

processware: Thanks for the update. Bummer that it didn't work as hoped...

jjlink

Post by jjlink »

@satoer: I made your Cool light LED bar upgrade, the Tweezer Bracket, and your overhead Filament holder. All are nice upgrades for my new Filix 3.0 printer. Thanks
Felix 3.0 with E3D Dual direct drive extruder conversion. (http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1630)
Software: simplify3d