How do work out the print quality settings?

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

bmclancy

How do work out the print quality settings?

Post by bmclancy »

This is" High Quality  full support"
This is" High Quality full support"
I have tried to work out printer settings in RepeaterHost, but Im still having problems can anyone help? I have learnt through trial and error that when changing printer settings in Sfacts that you have to save the changed settings as a new printer setting like "4_5_ Production Full Support" but keep coming up with "<sfacts> OverflowError: long int too large to convert int" is it just my computer cant handle this kind of maths or am I not imputing the right settings?
Im using a felix2 for making jewellery master patterns, "3_4_ High Quality Full Support" has amazing layer quality but I cant get the raft and support to break off without damaging the print. As in the pics below I would love to get the printer to print the quality of "high quality" but the raft and support of "production". Also how do you slow down the printer speed near the end of the print???
Attachments
This is &quot;high quality&quot; but see how thick the support and raft are it just fuses to the print
This is "high quality" but see how thick the support and raft are it just fuses to the print
See how good the support and raft is
See how good the support and raft is
See how it wont slow at the end even after changing flow and feed speed on manual controls
See how it wont slow at the end even after changing flow and feed speed on manual controls
This is &quot;Production&quot;
This is "Production"

Legion 2.3

Post by Legion 2.3 »

Maybe it helps to decrease the support density.
From 0.5 down to 0.25 or lower. That could make it easier to remove the support structures.

I didn´t try it out yet, it´s just an idea.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

I was using Sfact before, then moved to Sli3er, and it's been great since then.

Slic3er is still evolving and coming with new features, i think sfact not really anymore,

you should give it a try, it's so much faster to slice

http://slic3r.org/
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

I think SFACT better Slic3r even if the quality slicing. Slic3r does not have the example of the SKIN parameter as the vertical and horizontal divisions. Speed slicing of course is of importance, but in the first place - the quality.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Saamec wrote:I think SFACT better Slic3r even if the quality slicing. Slic3r does not have the example of the SKIN parameter as the vertical and horizontal divisions. Speed slicing of course is of importance, but in the first place - the quality.
you shouls submit a feature request, they might add it, they often have new releases.
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland