Build Platform

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Formatize

Build Platform

Post by Formatize »

Hi Guys,

Can someone please specify the build platform size in millimeters. I'm going to be a Felix owner soon and want to cut a glass platform while I'm waiting for my printer. The manual and website state two different sizes.

Would appreciate it if someone could specify this for me.

Thanks
Felix 3.0 Dual, Simplify 3D, Solidworks

Legion 2.3

Post by Legion 2.3 »

The platform of the Felix 3.0 has a size of 270 x 300 mm.
You can see it at the size of the kapton stickers: http://shop.felixprinters.com/product-c ... 483Bii8rXQ

Formatize

Post by Formatize »

Thanks for your response Legion 2.3!

I did see that but it says that the Felix 3.0 has a 255x235mm build platform on the website and in the manual it says that it has a 255x220mm build platform.

I should receive my printer tomorrow though so I'll measure it. Just wanted to cut the glass platform before the weekend.
Felix 3.0 Dual, Simplify 3D, Solidworks

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

hoi,
i use for more than 1 year the glass from a old AIO flatbed scanner/printer, 1cm too great but it works fine, in combination with 'pritt' or 'tessa' paperglue no more problems bed temp at 60°C.
rgds

Pharaoh

Post by Pharaoh »

I really recommend using a 4mm sheet of polycarbonate on top of the platform. PLA sticks to it very well. It's quite good for ABS too. No going back to kapton tape...
Also, the Felix 3.0 heated bed wasn't totally flat. It's easy to correct by placing pieces of paper between the bed and polycarbonate to make it flat.

For nylon I use a sheet of Bakelite on the bed. It's actually quite difficult to remove parts from it after printing, it's that good.