Replaced my Extruder gear

Discussions about mechanics
Capella_Ben

Replaced my Extruder gear

Post by Capella_Ben »

I didn't think the extruder gear would wear out, but it seems that after a couple of kilometres of filament is enough to reduce its effectiveness.

Before I could not print in PLA, now it is printing happily. I will have to test some Taluman Bridge next as I was having heaps of trouble with that before.

The new one does look a little different to the old one.
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)

mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

Hey
i am having trouble getting the extruder gear out it is stuck, any tips on how to get it out?
the one i got is exactly the same as the new one you have.

Capella_Ben

Post by Capella_Ben »

I had problems with the allen key in the grub screw. Turns out the allen key was a bit worn, so I cut off the end and it's all good.
Ben
Felix 3.0 (upgraded from 2.0)

mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

i was able to get the screw out with no problem but the gear is the one stuck, it will not budge at all.
by the way the printer was assembled a week ago, and i missed placed the gear and its too far to gap the filament. its annoying having to order a replacement for a working part.

agentmulder

Post by agentmulder »

Even though mine draws the filament through fine it has had a few moments pretty much grinding curved spots in filament when the extruder jams. It looks similar to your older example in the image, I wonder now much it's effective circumference has reduced and if I'm not extruding the amount of material the slicer expects it to...

Looking at the extrusion calibration it seems like the typical situation is over-extrusion - maybe I'm balanced now anyway >>rolleyes<<