Looking for the new Felix 3.0 controller board Specs

Discussions about the electronics
GGY

Looking for the new Felix 3.0 controller board Specs

Post by GGY »

Hi Guillaume and Felix users,
I am in the process of designing a new print-bed with it's adjusting and heating substructure for my new Felix 3.0. (I will post it on this forum once done).
I intend to make the print-bed easily removable from the adjusting and heating sub-structure for easy maintenance (printed parts removal) and also allow the print surface to be replaced with i.e. alloy, glass etc.
To make the print-bed removable from the heating surface I will replace the existing self adhesive kapton heater-pad with a silicone heater-pad, use some mechanism to apply some pressure from below, and use the silicone adhesion for thermal contact.
Here the technical questions relating to the 3.0 controller board:
1- I presume the out specs of the 3.0 PCB relate to the power supply.
2- What are the power supply specs (V, A, W)
3- If the power supply is replaced with a higher rating one (A), what are the Max Output specifications of the heat-bed and print-heads connections of the Felix v3.0 controller board (V, A, W)

4- What is the technical specs. of the existing new kapton heat-pad. (V, A, W)

thanks for your answers
regards George (GGY) :)

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi George,

Curious to see your heater bed solution. The specs you require
1- I presume the out specs of the 3.0 PCB relate to the power supply.
Yes
2- What are the power supply specs (V, A, W)
12V, 250W
3- If the power supply is replaced with a higher rating one (A), what are the Max Output specifications of the heat-bed and print-heads connections of the Felix v3.0 controller board (V, A, W)
The bed has a resistance of 1Ohm, so at 12V that comes down to 144W in theory. The hot-end heaters have a 4.7Ohm resistance, at 12V comes down to approx 30W. All these numbers are at full power
4- What is the technical specs. of the existing new kapton heat-pad. (V, A, W)
The mosfet used for the heaters are from NXP, type PSMN1R3-30YL, and can withstand 100Amps according to the sheet when cooled sufficiently, but not recommended of course. The connectors type (WR-TBL 201
) can withstand a 15A at 300V according to specs.

Hope that helps you.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

GGY

Post by GGY »

Thanks for the tech specs Guillaume,
Now I can gather the materials for my new design.
I will post my print bed mod once completed and tested.
... A long way off dough...

cheers GGY