Nozzle clear and clean?

starburstquicks

Nozzle clear and clean?

Post by starburstquicks »

So I have put together my felix 3.0 printer. All the sensors motors etc are working fine. The extruder grips and feeds the filament too. But once it feeds to a certain point in the nozzle, the filament stops going into the nozzle. I assume the nozzle is clogged. I had it working and extruding once temporarily a few days ago for the first time - so I know that the nozzle worked. Now I am not sure if there is dried filament in the nozzle or dust etc.

I have been trying to heat up the nozzle and clean it out with a 0.1" (0.24mm) steel guitar string. I can feed the guitar string through the bottom tip of the nozzle nicely - but it stops half way up through the nozzle. Also when I feed the same guitar string from the top - it stops half way from the other side. Is this to confirm I have a clog? Or is this blockage half way in the nozzle expected? Any input to confirm that this is a clog, and how to confirm when the nozzle is cleaned (i.e. guitar string fully goes through the nozzle when unclogged) would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

starburstquicks

Okay so I've been able to fully get the guitar string through. I had the nozzle at 250*C... I was flossing it and flossing it for a while. But now... I think the connection between nozzle and feeder has separated! It looks like it was normally threaded on. I think I melted the threads. What to do now? Do I order a new extruder/nozzle?

stillcool40

Post by stillcool40 »

there are a few posts around on this, likely its the pla sticking to the peek.

a few solutions in posts if you search them

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

I did damaged my Peek's thread by unscrewing it while hot,

If so, then yes, you need to order a new one
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

starburstquicks

Thanks for the input. I did order a new nozzle. I had a clog in the middle, was able to pass through after many attempts with the guitar string. But since I was cleaning it without a fan, at high temp, I ended up melting and breaking the peak threads. It was a shame - but between that and the sensor wires also melting off of the hot tip... I had to just order a new nozzle. New nozzle has been awesome for the last few months. I have new issues now though... but I will do more reading before I start posting my current issues.