Printer misreads position mid-print

polymerled

Printer misreads position mid-print

Post by polymerled »

I seem to be having some issues with my Felix 3.0 (dual, v3 board). I've been printing some parts overnight, with multiple objects printing during the same print (sliced simultaneously and printing in parallel). I'm only using one head.

The problem is that the printer seems to be losing track of where it's supposed to be in reference to the correct x and y coordinates in the middle of the printing process. It's happened several times when I'm printing multiple objects at once and I can't find any trend on when (how far into the print) it happens.

Here's one example:
Image :(

Legion 2.3

Post by Legion 2.3 »

Your stepper motors could loose steps during the print. When the motor skips steps, it does less movement then the electronic board think it does, which results in an offset.

Watch the temperature of the steppers! If they´re too hot (i don´t know the exact value, but they shouldn´t go higher than 80°C, better 50-60°C, you have to be able to touch them without burning our fingers ;) ), you have to reduce the current for the steppers. Turn the trimmers on the electronic board clockwise to reduce the current. As far as I know, the stepper drivers sense somehow when the motor gets too hot and skips steps automatically in order to protect the motor.

Another reason could be too low current, in this case, turn the trimmer counter clockwise.

polymerled

Post by polymerled »

This sounds the most likely. I will give it a check, thanks!!