I think no heating... def / 0C on display

michalp

I think no heating... def / 0C on display

Post by michalp »

Hi, after finishing first successful print (about 16hr print) my printer after connecting it again shows all temperatures as "def" on the display... looks like I have no heating anymore.. All motors are ok.. fan OK too... shortly after I switch on the extruder show -51C.. I think bed shows 0..

its dual extruder

scp

Post by scp »

Have you already tried checking the thermistors and their cables? I remember that the Repetier-Firmware displayed "def" for all temperature readings when actually only one thermistor was broken on my machine.

michalp

Post by michalp »

What can I check? Cable is plugged to the board and it leads to the terminator in the extruder head. Tried to pull it out but its quite hard in.. should it come out?

yes agree.. def is for all even if only one is faulty. i can see that after turning on only the extruder 1 shore -51C for a sec before "def".. the rest shows usual temp.

scp

Post by scp »

Leave the termistors where they are for the moment. Measure their resistance to see which one or which ones cable is actually broken. The termistor cables have some solder(?) joints to increase their length.
If you can't measure, try replacing with the spare part that comes with the machine - just connect it first to see which one causes the trouble.

michalp

Post by michalp »

spare parts? haven't found any in the box.

scp

Post by scp »

Well, there was a spare thermistor included in my dual Felix kit, a few months ago. Maybe the packing list has changed.
If you can't take measurements and don't have a spare part, you can try waggling/beding the cable pack to the extruder cart to check if there is a broken joint.

michalp

Post by michalp »

Hymmm.. I think the only part where it could broke would be just around the head... as it was working for a few days properly.... shame I didn't get the spare part... but they can't really expect that everybody will be able to strip the printer apart and have all tools required to fix it