what means infill in kissslicer

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
artohautala

what means infill in kissslicer

Post by artohautala »

hello,
what means infill in kissslicer ?
How it works ... infill 100... 2.5 % then slider say "infil hollow" and "infill vase" when I turn the infill slider to right...
What those terms really mean?
Is there any guide dokument for kissslicer ?

brdgs
-arto-

agentmulder

Post by agentmulder »

Infill Hollow means that, no infill - hollow.

Vase, is the extreme of that, could be wrong (only just starting with kisslicer yesterday) but it is just one perimeter only.

To make: vases ;)

And yeah, the lack of documentation is troublesome, like I really want to figure out how to reduce the support density as it gets close to the overhang, in PLA it's just too much stick :/

Still hunting for a proper manual, only got the quickstart guide from an earlier version so far...

artohautala

Post by artohautala »

thks agentmulder,
I printed with hollow and it printed all holes sealed?
Now I'm trying to print with 2.5 % infill...
<Still hunting for a proper manual, only got the quickstart guide from an earlier version so far...>

I read that manual too but there is very little data...
here the clock is 13:57 PM

thank for your goos answer
-arto-

frankjoke

Post by frankjoke »

You may want to look in this forum (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... fugee-camp)with latest info's and versions on Kisslicer...

agentmulder

Post by agentmulder »

artohautala wrote:thks agentmulder,
I read that manual too but there is very little data...
I have found with no exception yet that when it comes to 3D printing in general that documentation is terrible:

- 'I think this way, therefore everyone else will also'
- 'this is 'obvious', so I wont mention it'

- Typos
- Inconsistensies
- Referencing old versions
- Images don't reflect text

Classic example is the support angle function - no one explains what the 0deg reference is, i.e. is it the angle from vertical or from horizontal ? ...and they pretty much all use 45deg as the standard example so you cant reverse engineer what they mean from that either.

I know some of you will think it's obvious what angle they mean, and think that to question it is stupid, but try taking a step back and removing all the context of all the experience you may have with 3D printing, or if you are beginning as I am, consider that maybe you are the lucky one whose expectations already rectify with 'how it works' ;)

Maybe I'm an outlier and/or haven't exposed myself to enough material :roll: